I’m currently seeking a Leader for the Programmatic team, with exceptional quantitative and analytical skills to become a subject matter expert on the topics of Programmatic Media Buying and Optimization. In this critical role, this person will become well versed on how media campaigns are managed across multiple buying platforms. The Head of programmatic will manage campaigns as well as work closely with other direct reports to deliver on media buying goals. This person should not only have strong quantitative skills, but also have strong general problem-solving skills to deal with new challenges as they arise, excellent communication skills to impart critical information to a broad non-quantitative audience, and enjoy working in teams.
- Build and directly manage a team of Media Buyers with a hands on approach.
- Become an expert at using multiple media buying platforms.
- Understand the trends in the media buying business and gather intelligence required to grow the programmatic business
- Become the senior escalation point for all media buying queries.
- Oversee a team responsible for day-to-day media buying across a variety of platforms, including performance monitoring, identifying enhancements, issue identification and escalation.
- Lead and participate in a variety of projects aimed at improving best practices, thought leadership, providing advanced campaign insights.
- Develop a full understanding of complex trading concepts.
- Provide feedback and input for Product Development efforts.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience applying analytics in a business environment (ideally in Consulting, Media, Marketing, or Finance).
- 1+ years experience in programmatic video media buying
- Experience managing high-performing analytical teams – an advantage
- Capable of independently leading external client or partner conversations
- Experience working with large data sets and understanding of analytic methodologies for evaluating data
- Proven ability to think creatively about challenging analytic problems
- Ability to self-manage, juggle multiple priorities, and pay strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills – ability to distill key ideas for a non-mathematical audience
- Proven ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fun, and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel